Christmas Tree Earrings Tutorial
I love making Holiday earrings and saw some Christmas tree earrings and I thought, I could easily make those!!
With the right tools they were definitely easy to make! I think a beginner could easily make these
This is a quick easy tutorial for DIY Christmas Wire Earrings!
20 Gauge Green Wire (12-16″)
20 Gauge Red Wire (12″) – You could also just use the green too.
Deluxe Jig Kit (I use Artistic Wire)
Brown Beads (or red)
1. Grab 8 of the smallest pins and 4 a size up.
2. Arrange the pins to make an upside down V with the larger pin on the top, then the next row down place 2 small pins slightly out from the last row. Complete until you have 5 rows. For the 6th row use two of the larger pins, the skip a row and place the last larger pin in the center so it is aligned with the first pin.
3. Cut a piece of green wire 12-16″ long (if you want a smaller tree, cut 12″ long and skip the last row of loops).
4. Start a little from the end and wrap the wire around the first pin.
5. Lift the wire off the pin and cut the little excess wire.
6. Then Wrap the wire around the pin to the right on the next row, starting on top of it and looping around the bottom. Then loop around the left pin on that row starting at the top and loop around coming out at the bottom.
7. Repeat step 7 until you reach the bottom. I like to push my wire down after every loop and keep a finger on top of the pins to keep the wire from coming off. Also, make sure you are pulling some after each loop when entering the next loop to get a nice clean line.
8. Wrap around the bottom pin going around the top of it to the right and looping under and to the left. Then bring the wire back around to the right.
9. Lift your tree up and loop around the bottom loop once more with pliers and push up the circle to touch the bottom of the tree.
10. Fix your loop on the top with pliers also if you would like.
11. Cut 2″ of the red wire.
12. Make a loop at the end of the red wire while placing the bottom loop of the tree inside.
13. Place on two brown beads.
14. Make a loop on the bottom of the beads like you did for step 12. I like to place my pliers slightly down on the wire, make a loop, then wrap the wire around the top of the loop. (As shown the best I could in the pics below.)
15. Open up a pair of hook Earrings and slide in the top of the tree loop. Enjoy!
Small (silver hooks) Christmas tree earrings and Large